High Temperature Technology Engineering Manager
Chicago-based multi-national graphite manufacturer specializing in high temperature, advanced sizing, blending, and coating technologies, is seeking a results-oriented High Temperature Technology Engineering Manager executing hands-on within a plant environment R&D experiments related to the high temperature carbon purification reaction technology. Located in our Hopkinsville, Kentucky Production/R&D facility.
Successful Candidate will be responsible for:
- Manage and execute Business Development Projects as prioritized by the Business Development Committee.
- Maintain and manage pilot plant and laboratory facilities and directly involved hands on in the operation of the Pilot Furnace for customer and experimental runs.
- Supervise personnel that operate the pilot plant and adjacent laboratory facilities.
- Supervise Business Development Process Engineer.
- Recommend new equipment for laboratory or pilot plant operations.
- Participate in the design of new equipment for the improvement of processes related to the Superior Graphite reactor technology.
- Recommend new designs for the improvement of all processes related to the high temperature technology.
- Lead, identify and recommend projects that pursue potential improvements in the high temperature technology, including waste heat recovery and environmental compliance.
- Participate in the implementation of new processes for the production of new products.
- Lead new product development projects.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- PhD in Chemical, Ceramics Engineering, or Materials Science, or equivalent (Candidates with an MS or BS degree with considerable hands on experience in the field, i.e. 5-10 years, may also be considered.)
- Experience with fluidized bed systems and proficiency in the use of CFD as a design and experimental tool is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of heat transfer and chemical transformation processes is necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to direct teams and be a team member in a diverse environment.
- Must be a U.S. Person (ITAR compliant).
We offer an excellent salary, extraordinary fringe benefits, and an outstanding quality of work life.
Qualified candidates fax/email/mail resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
10 S. Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606
Email: Chicago Corporate Human Resources Department