Insert page content here
Materials Management Buyer/Planner
Chicago-based multi-national graphite manufacturer specializing in high temperature, advanced sizing, blending, and coating technologies, is seeking a results-oriented Materials Management Buyer/Planner to join its Chicago team.
Successful Candidate will be responsible for:
- Evaluate Supply/Demand data based on forecasting details in the MRP system, (4th Shift)
- Review and release orders per the MRP system and other relevant data sources
- Monitor, analyze, and administer daily decisions in support of the MRP planning functions
- Monitor inventory levels on all assigned item numbers
- Issue purchase orders for material for plant locations or direct to customers per procedure
- Ensure required pre-shipment samples are sent to appropriate labs for analysis and advise vendor of results
- Responsible for all Item Master and related planning parameters of assigned Raw material item numbers
- Responsible for keeping current all Vendor names and contact information
- Update and maintain Price Variance and Synthetic Inventory Reports on a monthly basis in addition to Chinese vendor and part number reports
- Add new orders from Mexico to Inbound Rail Report and Mexican Flake Report
- Administrate and coordinate inbound logistics for plan imports
- Issue Letters of Credit
- Research and implement opportunities to reduce product costs and inventory investments
- Supervise Materials Management Clerk
- Performs special project activities as requested by Management
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- High School Degree required.College degree preferred.
- 3 years experience minimum (multi-plant operations preferred) in Material planning, Purchasing, Importing and Letter of Credit process flow
- Demonstrated competence in Windows, Excel, Word, Lotus Notes and Internet navigation
- Direct experience working within a MRP (4th Shift preferred) and Network systems environment
- Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- APICS and/or ISM certified preferred
- Second language (Chinese, German, Portuguese or Spanish) a plus.
We offer an excellent salary, extraordinary fringe benefits, and an outstanding quality of work life.
Qualified candidates fax/email/mail resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
10 S. Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606
Email: Chicago Corporate Human Resources Department
E/O/E AA Employer M/F V/D