Superior Graphite is a Chicago-based international graphite manufacturer specializing in high-temperature technologies, advanced sizing, blending and coating technologies. Since 1917, Superior Graphite has been creating value for our customers by providing SUPERIOR SOLUTIONS- utilizing our unique technologies, processes and talents. Superior Graphite highly values its employees and provides them with a comprehensive benefits package including ESOP company ownership opportunity.
At this time, Superior Graphite is seeking qualified individuals to fill our Production Operator position at the Bedford Park, IL complex.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates all machines/mills.
- Controls all machines to produce in spec material.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Maintains machines for any malfunctions.
- Know when and how to adjust machines/mills.
- Must know how to run process control.
- Must be acquainted with all quality procedures.
- Operate the forklift truck to transport material filled pallets from one building to the next.
- Deliver all material to employees at their prospective machines.
- Weigh all material before loading on to pallets.
- Inspect all material for correct weight and size.
- Must be able to identify all raw materials.
- Must know all locations where raw material is stored.
- Make sure all mills/machines are under his direction and are producing within spec and at the rate indicated on formula.
- Adhere to the Company Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Quality Control Duties and Responsibilities
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Make sure all samples taken for process control are taken according to the procedure.
- Properly records sampling results.
- Analyze and record all samples brought throughout the day.
- Make sure all samples taken for QA lab are well identified and taken according to the procedure.
- Provide instructions for sampling the next production run using the lotto procedure.
- Must record test results on SPC charts including any comments or adjustments made.
- Must run all required tests on process.
- Must oversee the pulling of samples for testing and make sure the process is done per the AIMS procedure.
- Review the data received from the shipping/receiving department is accurate and matches your count and the information on the packing list and/or bill or lading.
- Assign an IRMA number to the raw material received.
- Complete an id ticket and attach to the pallet or drum.
- Fill out a switch list for railroad car delivery.
- Must issue and indicate location of the raw material to be used for production.
- Verify how much raw material was used in order to have a good control on the inventory.
- Keep all files organized.
- Must complete and maintain reports, such as, product weight charts and sample test runs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three months of industrial related experience of training
- Detail Oriented
Vision: Normal Required
Hearing: Normal Required
Reaching/Stretching: Normal Required
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Normal Required
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Normal Required
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Normal Required
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Normal Required
Capable of lifting 50lbs on a periodic basis
This individual works in a multi-level industrial environment requiring work in high precarious places via ladders and steps inside and outside the plant in all types of weather conditions. This individual can be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and some hazardous chemicals. The plant utilizes high levels of electricity and individuals have to be safety minded in all activities. The work environment is dirty.
Moderate - Industrial noise levels characteristic of moving mechanical equipment
Qualified candidates, please apply here.
E/O/E AA Employer M/F V/D