Superior Graphite is a Chicago-based international graphite manufacturer specializing in high-temperature technologies, advanced sizing, blending and coating technologies. Since 1917, Superior Graphite has been creating value for our customers by providing SUPERIOR SOLUTIONS- utilizing our unique technologies, processes and talents. Superior Graphite highly values its employees and provides them with a comprehensive benefits package including ESOP company ownership opportunity.
At this time, Superior Graphite is seeking qualified individuals to fill our Production Operator position at the Bedford Park, IL complex.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Follows established procedures and practices to produce quality products for the company’s customers
- Bags and palletizes product according to instructions for bag type
- Completes routine housekeeping tasks (sweeping, mopping, waxing, cleaning of show room facilities, emptying trash/scrap containers, painting and general clean up of plant site and grounds)
- Complies with policies published in the Employee Policy Manual and Employee Safety Manual as well as posted notices
- Accurately samples materials as requires and records results
- Participates in scheduled training sessions such as required safety training and work related sessions as well as back-to-work safety meetings
- May work independently as assigned or in a group setting and can be assigned to other jobs as required
- Reports to Production Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three months of industrial related experience or training
- Basic computer skills
- Detail oriented
Vision: Normal Required
Hearing: Normal Required
Reaching/Stretching: Normal Required
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Normal Required
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Normal Required
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Normal Required
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Normal Required
Capable of lifting 50lbs on a periodic basis
This individual works in a multi-level industrial environment requiring work in high precarious places via ladders and steps inside and outside the plant in all types of weather conditions. This individual can be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and some hazardous chemicals. The plant utilizes high levels of electricity and individuals have to be safety minded in all activities. The work environment is dirty.
Moderate - Industrial noise levels characteristic of moving mechanical equipment
Qualified candidates, please apply here.
E/O/E AA Employer M/F V/D