Superior Graphite is a Chicago-based international graphite manufacturer specializing in high-temperature technologies, advanced sizing, blending and coating technologies. Since 1917, Superior Graphite has been creating value for our customers by providing SUPERIOR SOLUTIONS- utilizing our unique technologies, processes and talents. Superior Graphite highly values its employees and provides them with a comprehensive benefits package including ESOP company ownership opportunity.
At this time, Superior Graphite is seeking qualified individuals to fill our Electrical Engineer position at the Hopkinsville, KY complex.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, designs, develops, tests, and installs electrical apparatus, components, equipment, and machinery
- Designs, constructs, and operates systems, machinery, and equipment used for generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity
- Works closely with other engineering areas to obtain optimum utilization of equipment, machinery, and resources
- Verify drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other discipline groups that affect the specific area or areas assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Familiarity with P&ID changes, single line electrical distribution motor schematics, control schematics, detail required for construction, fabrication, and installation.
- Working knowledge of power distribution, motor control, PLC/DCS control, instrumentation, wire & cable sizing
- Computer Skills that include Microsoft Suite
- Experience working in a medium voltage environment
- Experience working in a high temperature environment preferred
- Experience with CAD/Solidworks preferred
Vision: Normal Required
Hearing: Normal Required
Reaching/Stretching: Normal Required
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Normal Required
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Normal Required
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Normal Required
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Normal Required
Capable of lifting and moving 50 lbs daily on a repeated basis
Capable of lifting up to 100 lbs on a periodic basis
This individual works in a multi-level industrial environment requiring work in high precarious places via ladders and steps inside and outside the plant in all types of weather conditions. This individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and some hazardous chemicals. The plant utilizes high levels of electricity and individuals have to be safety minded in all activities. The work environment is dusty.
Work will require the use and wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as fire retardant clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hat, and steel-toed boots.
Moderate - Industrial noise levels characteristic of moving mechanical equipment
Qualified candidates, please apply here.
E/O/E AA Employer M/F V/D