Superior Graphite is a Chicago-based international graphite manufacturer specializing in high-temperature technologies, advanced sizing, blending and coating technologies. Since 1917, Superior Graphite has been creating value for our customers by providing SUPERIOR SOLUTIONS- utilizing our unique technologies, processes and talents. Superior Graphite highly values its employees and provides them with a comprehensive benefits package including ESOP company ownership opportunity.
At this time, Superior Graphite is seeking qualified individuals to fill our Maintenance Mechanic position at the Hopkinsville, KY complex.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows established procedures and practices to produce quality products for the company’s customers
- Works under general and at times close supervision, fabricates and completes safety and maintenance repairs, installs and removes all machines, structures, and other equipment as qualified; at times could be the leader for a group of employees on a special project
- Interprets engineering drawings and blueprints and then accurately cuts steel plates into required shapes and welds them into the structure according to the drawing
- Uses geometric development methods and metal forming techniques
- Uses or learns to use all maintenance and construction tools and equipment supplied by the company
- Performs all preventive maintenance functions including but not limited to lubricating and adjusting to minimize machine failure
- Uses industrial welding and joining processes (mig, tig, stick, and arc welding)
- Removes all tools, equipment, rigging, supplies and other material used at each work site at the completion of the job, and thoroughly cleans the impacted work area
- Advises the Maintenance Lead Person, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Scheduler when logged spare parts or supplies are used or are in need of replacement
- Reports to the plant when required for emergency call in repairs
- Responsible for all company owned tools assigned to the employee for use in the plant
- Individual assigned to the AMP/AT Plant is responsible for the understanding and operation of the furnaces used in the armor tile process as well as preventive maintenance schedules
- Individual assigned to the Off Gas System is responsible for the understanding of the Off Gas System and its components, maintaining repairs or replacements for filter drum, pumps, motors, structures, and atomizer gear boxes as well as preventive maintenance as assistance with off gas department tasks and stack tests.
- Assists in general housekeeping tasks for the facilities and insures that the Maintenance Shop is organized and well maintained.
- May be required to assist personnel in other job classifications or if assigned as a focused maintenance person for a particular area of the plant, could be required to assist in other maintenance projects/daily work
- Complies with policies published in the Employee Policy Manual and Employee Safety Manual as well as posted notices
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School diploma or GED required with trade school and/or experience
- Must have had at least 5 years of industrial maintenance/metal fabrication experience
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and blueprints and accurately cut steel plates into required shapes and then weld them into structure according to the drawing
- Must be able to use geometric development methods and metal forming techniques and have a comprehensive knowledge of range of industrial welding and joining processes (mig, tig, stick, and arc welding)
- Use of fabrication equipment (ie shears, brakes, rolling, and forming)
- Mechanical skills involving the use of basic tools
- Qualified welding skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manual
- Ability to safely work independently or in a team setting in a high temperature non-production line setting
- Ability to organize and complete multi-task assignments
- Ability to work in multi-level building and at times confined spaces
- If assigned to AMP/AT Plant, then the individual has to be an ITAR compliant U.S. person
Vision: Normal Required
Hearing: Normal Required
Reaching/Stretching: Normal Required
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Normal Required
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Normal Required
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Normal Required
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Normal Required
Capable of lifting and moving 50 lbs daily on a repeated basis
Capable of lifting up to 100 lbs on a periodic basis
This individual works in a multi-level industrial environment requiring work in high precautious places via ladders and steps inside and outside the plant in all types of weather conditions. This individual can be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and some hazardous chemicals. The plant utilizes high levels of electricity and individuals have to be safety minded in all activities. The work environment is dusty.
Moderate - Industrial noise levels characteristic of moving mechanical equipment
Qualified candidates, please apply here.
E/O/E AA Employer M/F V/D